Friday, July 29, 2011

Constructive Criticism

As a member of the Leadership Team here at my bank, I am charged with playing a pivotal role in improving the overall conditions of the bank.  As the Credit Analyst within the Credit Administration Dept., I must admit that I sometimes feel as though I'm just flying by the seat of my pants.

After our leadership meeting this morning (which we have every Friday morning), I pulled one of our Commercial Lenders aside to get his feedback on how I can improve my level of service/support to the front line.  I must admit that the information he gave me was insightful, from not only a professional standpoint, but from a personal one as well.  As I thought about our conversation, I realized how much our personal and professional lives are intertwined with each other.  The perception that your colleagues have of you more than likely will mirror the perceptions held by your friends/family/associates.  With that being said, when everything is said and done...and I'm enjoying retirement in my beach house down in Florida (hey, let a brother dream!)...I want to be able to look back over my life and say with all honesty, that I not only grew as a professional within my career, but I grew to be a better friend/family member and acquaintance to those who crossed my path on this road of life.

**WOW!  I just posted my first blog!**

2 comments:

  1. Love this blog, so very true on perception. Glad you joined the blog world..looking forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really appreciate it...and thanks for inspiring me to create a blog!

    ReplyDelete