Friday, July 29, 2011

Never Judge a Book...

As the old saying goes, one should never judge a book by its cover.  The other day I logged onto VH1.com to watch some previous episodes of Behind The Music.  I came across the episode on Lil' Wayne and decided to give it a chance.  Now I'm not saying that I am anti-Lil' Wayne, buy I mean the guy has been rapping since he was an infant probably, so what could he have possibly gone through that worth watching on TV?!?!  Well to my surprise, this guy has been through a lot--much more than the typical kid at his age.  From watching his mother go through an abusive relationship, to dealing with the death of his step-dad and having a baby at a young age, I must say that I have to tip my hat to the brother!  How does one go from one extreme (i.e. poverty in one of the countries roughest cities) to the other (i.e. Hip-Hop stardom).  Being a religious person (**idea for a later blog**), I attribute it to the fact that no matter your circumstances, God has a plan for each and every one of us.  None of us are aware of what tomorrow holds, but trust me, if you can endure today's pain, tomorrow's promise is only a day away!

"Don't call me sir, call me SURVIVOR!" - Lil Wayne (Nightmares at the Bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment